Some would say Opinions are like Bungholes.
Everyone has one and they all stink.
At times this is true.
When you search the web for “review” or “opinion” sites you have to be careful of these reviews because they could be paid reviews or the reviewer is using affiliate links. (affiliate links means when you click to buy, the referring site gets paid)
Other opinions are like nuggets of gold.
Where do you find these nuggets?
- Calling a close trusted friend / co-worker (but can still be bad advice)
- Message boards where you know the people (sometimes have affiliate links)
- Facebook Groups (sometimes have affiliate links)
- Your own due-diligance to form your own opinions.
Yesterday I had a nice 1 hour consultation with someone who needed advice. This is the best kind of opinion because:
- I had no skin in the game.
- I was not looking to make a sale.
- I was not looking to recommend a product to get an affiliate commission.
- I knew all the parties involved and the technology in question.
Is this opinion free? Of course not but this is what makes it valuable. You are talking to someone who has been working with technology for over 15 years in many forms and can help you make an informed decision on what to do next.
What is the best advice?
A combination of paid advice, free advice and your own research.
- Get a paid consultation (take notes)
- Research the consultants opinion
- Test the products that are recommended to you
- Choose what works for you
- When 1st choice ends up to be wrong choice quickly move to another choice
Make an appointment with me and I will help you research your next technology decision. Anything I suggest will not have any financial gain for myself because this type of call is a paid consultation.
How to setup appointment:
Call – 866-987-8324
email – firstname.lastname@example.org